The strange world of a Southern wife and her Canadian husband.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Whew!

So I left work yesterday around 3:30 because that's when the air repair company called and told me there was a tech in my area and they'd be there in the next 30-45 mins. So I rush home and take the dogs out and rush back in and make sure the air conditioner is off (so it doesn't freeze) and wait...and wait...and wait...and wait. An hour and a half after they called the nice repair man knocked on my door, and about $350 and an hour later we finally have air! It got up to 85 in my normally kept at 68 due to DH's cigar's, condo...my poor pups were panting their lil hearts out laying by the screen door because we had a slight breeze going due to the opened door and the overhead fan. I did think I was going to have to put my baby Pixie in an ice bath to cool her down...she's a Shih-tzu/Maltese mix and she DOES NOT like heat. Finally she started to cool down and my lil man Puck (mini rat terrier) cooled down and I made spaghetti and meatballs for my Scilian DH. Tonight I am going to dinner with my wonderful Alpha Phi sisters that are in the area...we try to do this once a month or so and meet around Northlake Mall area because it tends to be in the middle of where everyone is.

So sleepy...I want another stay-cation where I can do nothing but sleep for a week.

No comments: