The strange world of a Southern wife and her Canadian husband.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Southern Traditions

I read this morning on Her Southern Charm her post regarding Southern Traditions...this is a topic in my household that comes up frequently. I was born and raised in the South, however my lovely hubby was born in Florida and moved to NC, and although he has lived most of his in the South (sorry but Florida is not "Southern"), his family is mainly mid-western (Ohio) and from Canada. Not that there is anything wrong with it, but there have been some things I have had to explain that I never would have even thought I'd have to.

Visiting is a term I have had to explain to the DH. He gets antsy sometimes and doesn't get that when you go to see someone...you have to stay awhile for it to not appear rude. I don't know if this was just the way I was raised or if others follow that train of thought too.




My Family from WiddlyTinks.com




Anniversary Tickers

No comments: